Thursday, December 9, 2010

Enzo hearts woodcutting

Been busy thinking about and finally making Christmas presents for some little ones. Remembered the little linocutting-toolset my friend P. once gave me, and started to make stamps. Got kind of tired of it when, after just one evening, I ended up with one lousy stamp and three bandages around my fingers. Yes, I cut myself. I bled.

To my big surprise, some days later Enzo chipped in, literally, turning out to be great at cutting linoleum. When I exclaimed this, amazed, he shrugged and said: "yeah well, I always used to love woodcutting."

You think you know someone! In those 13 years I've known and befriended him, he never revealed his love for woodcutting to me. He finished my 5 designs in one evening (it would have taken me a whole week, no kidding)! This opens up a whole new world of opportunities...

Making lino-stamps is really easy: I've got an Abig linocutting toolset (here), some linoleum (here), and a pencil for drawing the images on the linoleum. I finish the stamp off by attaching a piece of wood to the lino. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment