Friday, December 17, 2010

Beanie #1

After three weeks of trying to crochet, I finally managed to make something that isn't too tiny or too ugly. I made a beanie, thanks to a video on YouTube. Tried this pattern one two times before, the first time the beanie was just big enough to fit a mouse's head, the second time two mice would've fit in there. Just awful, since I didn't notice the beanie was going to be far too small until I got halfway.

But here it is, My First Beanie. I used three different yarns, the browngreenish and cream coloured yarns are really old, I got those from my grandmother. The bright blue is a Modinetje Cotton yarn. My crochet hook is 5mm.

It's really simple, you only use US double crochet stitches (in Dutch: vasten). I put 7 stripes on the back for good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment