
I've known Spoon for some years now. I started out with the album 'Kill the Moonlight', which I bought because I liked the cover so much. That sounds like a strange reason to buy music, but the tactic has proven itself quite useful over the years. After that I took the album 'Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga' with me to Rome, and it took control of my life.
Their latest album is called 'Transference' and I'm listening to it for the fist time now. It's a familiar sound, but still there's something new, something fresh. The singer is incredible, he uses his voice like an instrument. It sounds fragile, but it's never off key. I'm sure Jesus had a voice like that. And there's always something unexpected happening. Sometimes it takes me a couple of repeats to understand how the song is constructed.
Spoon plays in Paradiso on the 18th of February. I've got the tickets on my refrigerator.
No comments:
Post a Comment